St. Andrew Academy was established in 2005 following the regionalization of three parish schools in Southwest Jefferson County. The three parish schools that united to combine St. Andrew were Our Lady of Consolation, St. Clement, and St. Polycarp. In April 2008, the parishes of St. Clement, Our Lady Help of Christians, Our Lady of Consolation, St. Polycarp, and St. Timothy combined to form St. Peter the Apostle. St. Andrew Academy is now the parish school of St. Peter the Apostle
School's Mission: Saint Andrew Academy is a Catholic school committed to the education of the whole child, in a Christ-centered environment where faith and friends grow together.
Saint Andrew Academy: Excellence in Education and Service Above All with the school's core values:
To live their faith
To create and nourish friendships
To develop their whole self
To maintain community
To grow academically, spiritually, and socially
The community of St. Andrew Academy envisions
- a program of academic excellence in which each child will achieve their highest potential.
- a school which provides a strong foundation in Catholic values and beliefs that permeates all areas of the curriculum.
- a school filled with professional, dedicated staff who foster the growth of each child.
- a school which provides various avenues that will enhance student knowledge and future endeavors.
- a school which motivates students to be lifelong learners and become productive members of society.
- an educational climate that fosters a spirit of acceptance and care for every child.
- a school which reaches out to the community through service and special projects.
- Develop an understanding of the sacraments and their importance in our lives. Instill an appreciation of the importance and role of prayer in our lives.
- To maximize individual potential and ensure children of all ability levels will be ready to meet the challenges of the future.
- Develop an educational program that promotes lifelong learning through continuous research and application of the latest teaching methods and techniques.
- Student’s social and emotional needs are met through consistent communication where all opinions are valued and discussed
- Behavior expectations are clearly communicated, consistently enforced, and fairly applied.
- Promote a positive image in our community by providing service to those in need.